The Zamir Group is here to help with all aspects of the Real Estate process – from buying and selling to renting and investing. Our diverse team of agents and support professionals all have different specialties, be they certain neighborhoods and areas, or price points and transaction types.
Looking for a Hoboken, NJ Rental? We have an Agent for you. Want to break into Tenafly’s Luxury home market? We’ve got you covered. Have a home to sell in Fair Lawn? No one does it better than the Zamir Group.
Tali Tanne, Luis Reyes, Silvia Patel and Ron Lugashi are all buyer specialist (read more about them on our Group Members Page). They know the market inside and out, and have the knowledge and the resources to guide you through the process from start to finish. We are here to educate our buyers and see them through past the closing and on for many happy years to come.
Learning the Home Buying Process – An Introduction
Making an offer:
Once you have found the property you want, we will write a purchase agreement. While much of the agreement is standard, there are a few areas that we can negotiate:
What you offer on a property depends on a number of factors, including its condition, length of time on the market, buyer activity, and the urgency of the seller. While some buyers want to make a low offer just to see if the seller accepts, this often isn’t a smart choice, because the seller may be insulted and decide not to negotiate at all.
The Move-in Date:
If you can be flexible on the possession date, the seller will be more apt to choose your offer over others.
Often, the seller plans on leaving major appliances in the home; however, which items stay or go is often a matter of negotiation.
Typically, you will not be present at the offer presentation – we will present it to the listing agent and/or seller. The seller will then do one of the following:
• Accept the offer
• Reject the offer
• Counter the offer with changes
By far the most common is the counteroffer. In these cases, our experience and negotiating skills become powerful in representing your best interests.
When a counteroffer is presented, you and us will work together to review each specific area of it, making sure that we move forward with your goals in mind and ensuring that we negotiate the best possible price and terms on your behalf.
The Zamir Group is Here to Represent You: Contract to Close
- Inspection negotiation and paperwork
- Appraisal checking on status and requirements
- Loan process – status and approval
- Direct all necessary documentation to closing attorney or title company, lender, co-op agent, unrepresented seller, etc.
- Provide contact information for utilities, vendors for repairs, insurance requirements, tax information, etc.
- Arrange final inspection if necessary
- Arrange final walk-through if necessary
- Keep in constant contact to keep you well informed of the closing process
- Review the Settlement Statement in advance when possible and distribute to you
- Attend closing and supervise transferring of keys